30 minutes of cardio, 5x a week…
Seems easy right?!! The best part about this is.. you don't have to join a gym or feel like there is no time left in a day for you. 30 minutes a day..that's it!!
We got this!!!
I have felt so much better since adding cardio back into my lifestyle. It can be hard to get into though. I really had to ease back into this. Trust me, the first few times suuuck if you have been slacking in the cardio department. I felt dizzy and sick actually. But that didn't stop me! Every time I did more, I felt better & it got easier and easier.
I have my lazy week like anyone else and am not too hard on myself at all. But since I added this mantra into my lifestyle, I have been doing so well and felt empowered.
If I can't workout vigorously, I know that 30 minutes of cardio a day will lessen my chance of heart disease, stroke, heart attack and overall improve my health.
Cardio uses the heart to pump blood & oxygen around the body. So you'll be feeling a little euphoric when it's done! Who doesn't want to get that natural feel good feeling?! You will be glowing and your mood will improve. If I'm having a bad day or grumpy I love to take it out on cardio!!! Trust me…& try it!
Soon, you'll be able to go for longer periods if you like too.
Here are my favorite ways to incorporate cardio into our days....
- Swimming. It's Summer, so take advantage and swim as much as your heart desires!
- Power Walk. One of my favorites…if I am just not feeling up to a workout. I can push myself to walk anytime. Just be sure to pick up the pace and get to it anywhere!
- Follow along with you favorite YouTube cardio videos.
- Bike rides. Scenic & fun!
- Dancing. I will start off in my home doing a few cardio bursting exercises and then end it with some dancing with kids! They love it and we bond while getting exercise.
- Running. This may be one some people need to work up to. I am no fan of running honestly. But it's amazing for you!
- Trampoline. Really. If you have kids and are trying to find a fun way to start working out. This would be it!
- Pick a few cardio moves, do a minute of each and create a cycle to repeat with a few periods of rest and time for a drink!
- Mountain Climbers
- Jumping Jacks
- Squat Jumps
- Run in place
- Stair Running
- Jumping Rope
- Side to Side Leap
- High Knees
- Plank Jacks
Don't forget to fuel you're body with nutrition. You will be hungry following a workout. So don't run out for a burger. Opt for a healthy protein shake, protein bar or a powerhouse salad and plenty of water!!!! Fuel up on protein guys!! Choose healthy meats and other protein options to fight the major hunger!
And don't forget…Check out my Instagram for recipes and smoothies daily!!
This is a step to take to see major results. I'll share more tips each Workout Wednesday to add to your overall fitness routines, so stay tuned Loves!